Tuesday, January 16, 2018

FABULOUS "NEW" VINTAGE SARI FABRIC ARRIVING!!!!






It is a very exciting next few weeks here at MY HIPPIE HEART a new stock of vintage sari fabrics will be arriving .  I have purchased some very unique pieces like the orange/tan/pink sari that is hand beaded and hand cut inlaid.  The moss and read vintage silk sari is so pretty with lots of florals.  The Georgette Vintage silk is see through and all hand beaded I loved the turquoise with the red.




I had to have the turquoise and brown vintage fabric.  It is in perfect condition and everyone seems to love the florals.  It is hard to find turquoise in vintage sari so I grab them when I find them.  The cream and red is vintage cotton and all handprinted.







I have decided to focus on unique wearable art kimonos for this season.  I love to find the vintage sari fabrics that look worn, the fabric is still strong yet supple but it is all in the dyes.  The soft grey/blue in the first sari is exquisite and the goldish pattern is very elegant.  I love the hazy mauve in the next one and all of the pattern is hand embroidered.  Finding velvet in a sari is rare as is finding black vintage silk saris.  This last one has all of that rolled  into one as well as lots of hand beading, this may not make it to the rack.

I cannot wait to receive these and start creating this new line, it will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment